Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/24/2012

        Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss was read to Seneca. She then worked on a Fox in Socks 24 piece puzzle.  Playtime in the park and playtime at home with her friend Aiden.  We reviewed some phonics words together.  She was about to try to write some words, but the task of writing in lines is a bit daunting for her. She traced some three-letter words onto tracing paper.  She did write out "cat," but other words will wait for another time.  Painting today with homemade paint. This time the paint was from baking soda, vinegar, corn syrup and flour.  The recipe calls for cornstarch, not flour, but we just went with what we had in the house. Oh, and food coloring.
  At the park, Seneca climbed on some boulders and we felt the texture of the rocks together.  I showed her an embedded shell in one of the rocks.  I wish I knew more about identifying types of rocks.  For now, all I can give her is a sense of observation through sight and texture.  I think at this age this is appropriate, but I am unsure of how to guide her in nature observations as she gets older.  I can't tell what most trees, flowers, rocks, etc. are myself.
    Later in the evening, Seneca took apart and reassembled her puzzle. We also read Horton Hatches An Egg by Dr. Seuss, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, and Time For Bed Elmo. We read from our phonics books featuring the short vowel u.

No comments:

Post a Comment