Friday, March 9, 2012

Puzzles


 A few months ago, Seneca was given a puzzle to work on. Much to my surprise, she sat and concentrated on it for over an hour.  She has been given more puzzles since then and she loves them.  She is now getting to where she can figure them out much faster, even brand new ones.  Once she has finished a puzzle, she breaks it apart and does it again.  I don't require her to sit until the puzzle is done. She does this on her own. If a puzzle is frustrating her, she is encouraged to take a break from it.  Sometimes I offer to help her with one or two pieces. She also enjoys doing floor puzzles with her 8 year old cousin.



  Here are some pictures of her with the most recent puzzle that I bought for her. It is a 24 piece puzzle. She figured it out in about ten minutes. Now, she loves to put together again and again.  In a world of hand held video games, I'm so glad that she loves this.  Funny thing is, I was never good at puzzles myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment